NWCA offers the highest Mandarin Immersion in all areas of curriculum. We immerse children in Chinese language and culture as well as providing bi-lingual and bi-literate education so they are comfortable as responsible global citizens.
- Preschool to 6th Grade
- Small Class Size (Average student-to-teacher ratio is 6:1)
- Full Immersion (Even Social Studies, Science, Art, Music, PE taught in Chinese)
- More Days, Longer Hours (7:30am to 4:30pm, and includes daily teacher led Study Hall)
- Advanced English Literacy Program
- It is the most effective type of foreign language program.
- Students acquire the language faster and better than students in traditional foreign language classes.
- Produces the highest levels of language and cultural proficiency.
- Students reach high levels of academic achievement on standardized test of both English reading and math.
- Develops more flexible thinking and has a positive effect on students’ cognitive development.
Dr. Shuhan Wang spent three days at the end of August working with the teachers at Northwest Chinese Academy. Dr. Wang had the opportunity to observe our classes in May, and told the teachers that she has observed Mandarin Immersion schools around the country and that NWCA students are exposed to the highest amount of immersion that she has seen! She also said that our students, “demonstrate high oral language and literacy skills in Chinese language, one of the highest I have observed among many Chinese immersion schools in the United States.” -Dr. Shuhan Wang, President of ELE Consulting International
“It has been amazing to watch a four-year-old child understand and respond to a language she had never heard before stepping through the doors of NWCA. She has learned so much in just a year at the school, and not just Mandarin language skills–she tells me about science, art, and math lessons every day. It’s great to see how she has improved in writing English, too!
We are so happy to have found NWCA. It’s a school with wonderful academics and language immersion, as well as with amazing staff members and families. We would recommend the school to anyone looking for Mandarin immersion as well as top academics and environment, and we are always happy to tell people we meet about the school.” -The Johnsons, Child attendance–March 2015 to present
“When we were looking for a Mandarin Immersion program – NWCA stood out as the school in which students spent most of their day truly immersed in the language. We were impressed with the supportive, caring attitude from the staff and teachers. Our children are not only learning to speak Mandarin, they are learning what it means to be global citizens. They love going to school everyday!” -The Contreras Family, Child attendance–September 2011 to present
Our Website: nwchineseacademy.org
The Northwest Chinese Academy provides an outstanding educational foundation in the true immersion of Mandarin language, fostering the total development and highest potential in the individual child.
- To immerse children in Chinese language and culture as well as providing bi-lingual and bi-literate education so they are comfortable as responsible global citizens.
To provide a school environment that supports cooperation, creativity, resourcefulness and the love of learning.
To develop children who are creative, critical thinkers and self-confident in whom they are.
To encourage mutual respect, honesty and multi-cultural understanding.
Director of Operations and Finance
Childcare Center Director/Marketing/Enrollment